Armada is an independent credit financing provider for small and mid-sized businesses in Northern Europe. Established in 2000, Armada has invested in more than 40 companies from funds with a combined capital base exceeding EUR 400 million. Armada is currently investing from its fifth fund, Armada Fund V, with total commitments of EUR 210 million.
Our lean operations and decision-making process allow for a swift feedback and execution agility in time-constrained conditions. Our team comprises investment professionals with Nordic and international backgrounds and is supported by an Industrial Advisory Board consisting of experienced industry and finance sector professionals.
Armada is an authorized Alternative Investment Fund Manager, supervised by the Financial Supervisory Authority in Finland. Armada follows the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment.
What we finance
We seek investment opportunities in both financial sponsor and entrepreneur-owned companies. Armada is industry agnostic and focuses on growing and profitable mid-market companies with enterprise values of up to EUR 150 million. Armada’s geographical investment scope covers the Nordics, Germany and, selectively, other areas in Northern Europe.
How we finance
Armada provides loans of EUR 3-25 million, available in one or several drawings. Loans are denominated in EUR but may be disbursed in local currency.
What we do not finance
Real estate, wind and solar power, distilled alcohol, tobacco, weapons or ammunitions, casinos and gambling.
How you can apply for financing
Please see our contact details.
Our offer to financial sponsors
- Broad range of credit solutions for buy-outs and growth investments encompassing senior debt (“unitranche”), junior debt and other forms of subordinated debt, usually in combination with equity-linked instruments
- Long-term partnership allowing growth and business development during the sponsor’s ownership period (5-year+ non-amortizing loans, committed facilities for CAPEX and add-ons etc.)
- Case-by-case innovative approach with flexible structuring and minimized equity dilution
Our offer to entrepreneur-owned companies
- Broad range of credit solutions for growth investments and recapitalization purposes usually in combination with equity-linked instruments granting minority economic ownership
- Alternative to trade sale with attractive economic benefits including full retention of control over the company, shareholder value creation leverage, and access to Armada’s senior industrial advisors
- Smooth and dynamic process that can be executed and closed within 2-3 months with a committed Armada team